Monday, January 20, 2014

The Dawn Awakening

Journey to Islam
Once upon a time, from across the ocean blue
I met a unique man so honoured and true
A wise Muslim man from across the sea
A good Muslim brother he turned out to be
He spoke via with me across some rogue waves
Assuring me not to worry just watch for brighter days
A sound then was heard from his window one early morning dawn
This sound never heard here in my homeland, the sound of Salaam
These healing Arabic words that’s been set apart
Could only be true healing for the need of one’s heart
I felt a sudden awakening as I bowed my head
My starving spirit feeling it had just been fed
A feeling of peace
As I began to plea
Please God take me away from this life
Bring me where I can be free
A year went by as I studied and strive
Beginning to learn the best ways to survive
As My old ways of life began to gradually die
I looked back once more and gave a final sigh
Looking ahead as another year went by
My journey continued but with no more need to ask Why
Praise be to Allah, he forgave all my sins
Glory is to Allah for calling me home
And that’s when I became a Muslim
 Fatima Aw     

 Dawn Sunrise — 1 Ramadan 1433 H
(July 20 2012 )

0 comments: