Monday, January 20, 2014

Another step toward Salaam

The man in black glared at me
Not a word did he say
As I sat with a lighter under a tree
I thought “Was I his prey?”
I looked away and back again
Still he stood near me
I wonder what this could be about
While I sat under the tree
The next minute as I looked
No where was he?
The man in black he was gone
While I sat under the tree
I got up and began to walk
Away from the tree
I heard a screech then a crash
Was it meant for me?
There on the street smoke from the hood
Of A black mini van
Who was the owner who hit the sign?
“Watch for children”
I walked away and said a prayer
Circled back again
Was this my last chance to be saved?
As I watched the firemen
To the shelter I returned
Shaken yet calm
Kneeling down I began to read Qur’an
Taking another step toward Islam


 Fatima Aw       

 

0 comments: