Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My revert story ***Lauren Anderson***

Alhumdulilah, I became Muslim five years ago. In deciding to come into Islam I knew I needed purpose in life. I needed to know that whenever I died I would know that God was pleased with me. The reality had hit me that life was just routine for me. I would wake up, go to school and hang out with friends. It seemed redundant. I didn't find any satisfaction in this type of lifestyle. I never lead a destructive lifestyle, but I found myself questioning my purpose. I found myself asking the questions that all of us ask about life. I wanted to know that I had purpose and that my leaving of this world would be one of good. In my history classes I learned about the basics of Islam- the five pillars. I knew Muslims in my own personal life, but we never talked about Islam to the extent that you would think. I found myself feeling inclined to Islam one day in a public-library. I found my heart calling to Islam. I knew that Islam was true because God is one. I knew that God must've had a way of life already in place to guide the people. I was moved by the beauty of Islam. I saw it as a way of life. I saw it as a structured religion. In embracing Islam, I have found true peace and purpose. I now love life to an extent that I sometimes smile randomly. I truly feel proud in knowing that I am pleasing my lord and that my way of life is complete.
 Lauren Anderson

0 comments: